Hafa Adai Everyone!
I’m back and will be getting in the swing of things. Sorry I’ve been MIA! Just finished with school and had some interviews going on and also some family things I had to focus my attention to!
Everything is back on track as it should be. I sure miss making cards! Finally had the time to create one and to share it with you all! I decided to give a shot at making a bendy card. I saw a photo on Pinterest here’s the link for a more details http://www.paperprimrose.com/2014/02/bendi-card-saturday-step-x-step/ and thought it was clever. So, here I am making it. Well attempting is more better. Lol…
Here’s some photos
I used my phone’s flash to try and capture the shimmer and sparkles but it’s so hard to get it. Up close its just so lovely!
- For the main base size is the standard A2 card front. (4 1/4 X 5 1/2″)
- For the left flap I measured 4 1/4 X 2 1/2″ and the right 1 3/4 X 2 1/2″
- I then scored both of the outside flaps 1/2″ and adhered on the back of the main base with some scor double adhesive
- Next I scored on the inside of the flaps 1/2″ and made tabs.
- Then I took the left flap and made a curve/bend and marked it on the main base. I then made a slit using my penblade #11. I repeated the steps for the right flap.
- Now the fun part! First I stamped the floral with the outlined on the middle top with Versamark and sprinkled some embossing powder and heat set it. I then masked off the middle floral and stamped two more florals on the sides.
- For leaves and butterflies I stamped the one with the outline and did the same step with the florals.
- I watercolored all the stamped images using my Gansai Tambi Watercolors. For the florals I used #42 for the lightest #33 for the darkest and #34 for the center.
- For the watercolored leaves I used #53. For the butterflies I used #42 and #34
- For the sentiment I used the same stamp set as the florals (Beautiful Day)
- To finished of the card I added some sparkles and glossy accents to the centers of the florals and some sequins.
That’s it for today. I will also be using this card as my entry to Altenew’s June Challenge. So many beautiful creations! Join in there’s still time! http://altenewblog.com/2016/06/01/june-inspiration-challenge/
- Altenew Beautiful Day Stamp Set
- Altenew Painted Butterflies Stamp Set
- Bazzill Marshmallow Cardstock
- Misti Stamping Tool
- Fiskars Deluxe Paper Trimmer
- Gansai Tambi Watercolor
- Wink of Stella / Clear
- Glossy Accents
- Penblade Assortement 3pk (used #11)
- Heat Gun Tool / Milwaukee
- Wow Metallic Platnuim Sparkle Glitter Embossing Powder
- Embossing Buddy