Hafa Adai Friends,
Sorry it’s been quiet around here. Been sick for almost a month and finally feeling well. There’s so many new products being release its so hard to keep up! My hubby has a signature look now for when I ask to buy some crafting goodies! Lol…
For today’s post I was inspired by Kimberly’s video on the MFT YouTube (here’s the link) http://youtu.be/adu_MdNtBjE check the video out. Kimberly’s finished card is just too adorable!
Here’s a picture of my card.
I didn’t have MFT adorable Strike Up The Band stamp set so I used what I had. What better way than to use Mama Elephant’s Lunar Animals.
Here’s the card open.
- I stamped five different animals and the party hats with distress ink antique linen to try and attempt a no-line coloring.
- I then colored the stamped images using my prisma colored pencils and fussy cut them all and set that aside to work on my background.
- I didn’t have a grass or cloud die so I improvised. For the clouds I made a mask used spellbinders A2 scalloped borders one dies and the grass I just created using my scissors and snipped on one side of my green cardstock.
- The clouds I did the same technique as Kimberly demonstrated. With my ink blending tool I just did a swiping motion. Ink used is distress ink salty ocean.
- For the card base I cut in half 8.50 x 11″ cardstock (lengthwise) and got two 4.25 x 11″ card bases. I didn’t have any scoring board so I just used my handy fiskars paper trimmer and make two score lines. First score 3 5/8 and second score is 7 7/8.
- For the butterflies I used the small die from Winnie & Walter’s Audrey Cutaways.
- I adhere the grass first and then placed my animals using foam tape to give a bit of dimension.
- Lastly I stamped the sentiments using Mama Elephant’s Up and Away stamp set and the other two sentiment is from Winnie and Walter’s The Big The Bold and Party stamp set.
That completes my card for today! I hope you enjoyed your visit here on my blog and I will see you next time. See blow for all the products used. Adios!
- Mama Elephant: Lunar Animals / Up and Away
- Winnie & Walter: Audrey Cutaways / The Big The Bold and Party
- Spellbinders: A2 Scalloped Borders One
- Prisma Colored Pencils
- Bazzill Basics Cardstock
- Ink Blending Tool
- Inks: Distress Ink- Antique Linen
- Fiskars Deluxe Paper Trimmer